- Hard tannins and a brooding toughness mask the fruit on this wine, hiding the black cherry and currant
- Cotes du Rhone AOC from Costco. Dominated by strong earthy character that masks other characteristics of a Rhone blend. **note - significantly opened up after a day. Too young. 78.
- 91 point buttery and smooth CA Chard. 14.6ABV too, but so well made the high alcohol is masked by the complexity here.
- Excellent table wine. We keep ordering cases from Draper Wine Merchant
- Dark as midnight sky, inky black. Long slow legs. Scents of dark ripe berries, a bit over extracted it seems, bitter chocolate, herbaceous, anise, cherry candy. Powerful, strong. Quite bitter actually, herbal, too primary, not everything in harmony. Over extracted feel, medium bodied. Alcohol is masked quite well. Good score for the price. Give it a good decant. Sweet ripe berries, stone, violet, incense, interesting nose. Taste of currants, ripe berries, hint of iodine. Better with air time. Tannins on the light side, must day alcohol is very well hidden. Finish of currants, oaky smoke. Smooth, quite silky. Good value.