- Christopher's wine taste DHT I Like the white
- Sort of a heavy chianti. Megan loved it
- It's like finding an old friend. Love this Rosso Toscano.
- Tenuta Torciano 2006 Cavaliere Rosso Toscano 2 in Cellar. Purchased in Florence, Backpacking trip April-June 2011. €39.00 Notes: The Giachi family has been around since 1720 and produced wine at this vineyard. Today we have the 13th generation working with the vines. The vineyard of Torciano has made an attempt to a "Super Chianti" with their blend of Sangiovise grosso and Merlot. The Sangiovisse growns on a soil bed of minerals and limestone, while the Merlot has a soil of clay and limestone at an altitude of 280m a.s.l. The ageing has been made through oak barrels of 50hl, and through a mix of casks of oak and chestnut of 2,2 hl, then finally a 6 month refinement in bottle before selling. The colour is intense ruby red with garnet shades. It's quite fruity in the nose. It has a full body, is quote soft and quite complex structure. It's quite tannic, quite dry, and loaded with dark fruits like blackberry and plums. Red meat, roast meat, wild game, pasta, and risottos with sauces made from game, young and medium aged cheeses, medium dark chocolate. Serving temperature 18-20 degrees. This wine needs to breathe a while before serving or use a decanter.
- Carmione Pratesi Rosso Toscano 2006 - bardzo fajne, godne polecenia 7,5/10