- $9@ Dul Fine Wine. Dried and stewed red fruit. Soft, easy, and accessible. Promiscuous. Short finish. 84 points.
- Dark red. Needs short decanting time to smooth tannins. Strong but fruit forward.
- Ruby red claret. Primary, yet not austere, quite fwd, with aeration, aromas of chocolate coated cherry, licorice, violet, herb, flint, fresh spice and a bit of oak come out of play. on the palate, dark cherry, cocoa, black tea leaf. Soft tannins, though kinda dry, short finish, jam and faint smoke. Lacking good balance, although decent for a 20-dollar wine. Low acidity. Nose better than mouth feel. Some bitterness in the mid palate. Better next day. Silky, with more weight, a sense of 2009 ripeness. Structure a bit thin, short finish, with bitterness lingers.
- COLBY RED. A California Blend. After getting bored with misc $10-$14 doll or bottles of single grape wines, I have been trying Red blends. Up to the time of this bottle purchase($12), I began to believe that my search for palatable wines (in my budget range) was exhausted. Then the other day I was in Walgreens to get some things, when on the way out I passed these wines on a end cap (unusual). So I splurged $12, and now here I write about it, because this wine, has me ecstatic. What is to be said is what the label describes. Never has this happened , except when purchasing wines in the $80 and up range. The body is full and stays full for hours. The five grapes linger to enjoyment. I can write for a long time, but I will some this comment up in short, and say that there a 14 less bottles at that Walgreens today, because the are in my feller, being assured that there is a great amount of gorgeous Tannins to keep this wine for another 4-5 years. Another reason for the large purchase is that a portion of the profits a donated to the studies of heart health.
- Not properly stored, broken cork. Look of a 30 year's old wine, dark brick red. Not very aromatic, Smell of smoked cherry, old leather, licorice, espresso bean, a slight nite of menthol. Light and simple on palate, with black currants, light cigar ash, chopped wood, wet earth and oak, bitter chocolate. Short to medium finish with smoke, tobacco, with soft tannin but not very ripe. Overall structure is thin. 88 pt