- A very smooth and light red, has the complexity to be paired with most foods even seafood, a balanced and palatable wine
- My first bottle of real red burgundy. So different from what I'm used to. Very interesting. More light bodied than I expected. Strong sour cherry but not in that fruit bomb kind of way. I can see how this would pair so much better with food than the Cali and Aust wines I like. So far Bourgogne has been much more impressive than the Bordeaux I have tried.
- 1st burgundy 1er cru to kick start my obsession!! Ugh so expensive!! Domaines Jacques Cacheux 2003 la croix rameau Funky straight from the bottle with leather and bramble nuances dominating the dark-red fruit flavours. After time, the wine really opened up very nicely, with darkish fruits and a nicely perfurmed tone. On the palate, it showed tart cherry fruit and a flush of spice or liquorice (?) with smoky oak at the end of the glass. Flat n not fresh But still structured. Rather silky tannins. After more time in the glass, the complex layers of aromas show. Red berries with hint of spice n memorAble elements, the wine really came together. Straits wine whole sale 137 2006 w rating 93/100 146 2005 95 pt
- Sexy burgundy. Smooth an refined. Entry full of red fruit and finsh that lingers
- Nice Burgundy. Smooth, dry, with an earthy flavor, and wonderful finish. It's a tad thin and lacks full-body taste $18.