- 2011 Ex Umbris Syrah. After being six blocks from a gas explosion I figured I was entitled to a few glasses
- Amazing bouquet, soft finish.
- Recommendation from GG for a chocolate pairing. 2010 Ex Umbris Syrah fom Columbia Valley. Smooth, concentrated, and a little sweeter than a typical Syrah. Good, but not fantastic for the price. Try again when I'm not drunk. $35.
- 2009 syrah from Owen roe. Very good. $24.
- Owen Roe Ex Umbris ''09 - great Syrah from Columbia Valley available at Isabella's I Lynchburg, VA. $26.95 / bottle.