- can't tell whether it was an element of the wine I didn't like or this had actually gone bad. was surprised by the oak.
- Very nice full bodied wine. Fruity
- 1st burgundy 1er cru to kick start my obsession!! Ugh so expensive!! Domaines Jacques Cacheux 2003 la croix rameau Funky straight from the bottle with leather and bramble nuances dominating the dark-red fruit flavours. After time, the wine really opened up very nicely, with darkish fruits and a nicely perfurmed tone. On the palate, it showed tart cherry fruit and a flush of spice or liquorice (?) with smoky oak at the end of the glass. Flat n not fresh But still structured. Rather silky tannins. After more time in the glass, the complex layers of aromas show. Red berries with hint of spice n memorAble elements, the wine really came together. Straits wine whole sale 137 2006 w rating 93/100 146 2005 95 pt
- Artesa merlot. Perfect suggestion from oakton wine shop
- 21.99 Gino's nice fresh clean no aftertaste