- Forged 2011 Red, Sledgehammer, Napa, 13.9% ABV
- A balanced wine, great for drinking in a plastic glass. Has a nice smell and has a mild tannic flavor. A great find!
- Nose of iron, licorice, vanilla, black currant, blueberry, fresh florals, hint of mint and tomato, closed but seductive aromas. Dark dark ruby color, medium to full bodied. Aerated for over an hour, poured into glass and sat for another 30 mins, doesn't seem wanting to reveal too much. Earth, licorice, cherry, rather firm tannin showing near the mid palate, nicely balanced with tobacco, black fruit finishing. More showing after a long evening, smell of violet, plum, licorice, chewy, velvety palate, still young it seems. Won't be a spectacular wine, but a nice drinking experience nevertheless.
- A touch tart, hints of sour cherry, though still pleasant. Need to drink out of wine glass, not plastic cup.
- Delicious. Very fruity. Sweet. Easy to drink. Smooth. Sweetness gets old after a couple of glasses. 7/10