- Chateau Pichon Longueville, Comtesse de Lalande - 2009 - Grand Cru Classe Pauillac
- I tried the 2008 during wine tour in Bordeaux
- Light red, tea color. Comforting, gentle, nose of old leather, truffle, wood, mild cherry and hint of dirt. A little high in acidity, but good mouth feel,
- Dark, opaque gem. Dark currants, graphite, earth, licorice, violet, oaky smoke, vanilla, hint of herb, powerful, laser sharp, brilliant. Full bodied, powerful, wow, beautiful dark fruits, burnt leather, plum, mushroom. Pronounced tannins, but very fine, chewy and silky. Deliciously long finish, went excellently well with the steak meal!
- Tasted at RsV. Second of three. Mid hill. A bit flat.