- Chateau Pichon Longueville, Comtesse de Lalande - 2009 - Grand Cru Classe Pauillac
- Light red, tea color. Comforting, gentle, nose of old leather, truffle, wood, mild cherry and hint of dirt. A little high in acidity, but good mouth feel,
- Dark, opaque gem. Dark currants, graphite, earth, licorice, violet, oaky smoke, vanilla, hint of herb, powerful, laser sharp, brilliant. Full bodied, powerful, wow, beautiful dark fruits, burnt leather, plum, mushroom. Pronounced tannins, but very fine, chewy and silky. Deliciously long finish, went excellently well with the steak meal!
- Beautiful Ruby with slight browning near the rim. Long legs. Sexy, seductive nose, Violet, lead pencil shaving, cigar, blackberry, creamy truffle, stone. Soft, plush mouth feel, notes of blackberry, plum, purple fruits, earth. Long finish, cherry, tobacco leaf. Tannins are quite soft, round, nice gliding thru the palate.
- Man kommt immer wieder zurück zu Bordeaux! Pure Eleganz!!!