- Dark purple. Nose of ripe currants, herb, anise, florals, cocoa powder, menthol, rustic, sugar cane. Caramelized blackberry, smoky oak, espresso, tea, cherry liqueur. Very chewy, currant flavored tannins, velvety, plush, rich, great balance and structure. Full bodied, Long finish of dense cigar smoke, red cherry, tea leaf, cut wood.
- Some ageing sign, crimson with light pink rim. Taking some time to open, initially theres blueberry, herbs, toasted oak,
- 1998 Chateau Leoville Barton
- Leoville Barton 2006 - needs to sit next 10-15 years.
- Dale's $300 celebratory wine.