- Dark purple. Nose of ripe currants, herb, anise, florals, cocoa powder, menthol, rustic, sugar cane. Caramelized blackberry, smoky oak, espresso, tea, cherry liqueur. Very chewy, currant flavored tannins, velvety, plush, rich, great balance and structure. Full bodied, Long finish of dense cigar smoke, red cherry, tea leaf, cut wood.
- Some ageing sign, crimson with light pink rim. Taking some time to open, initially theres blueberry, herbs, toasted oak,
- 1998 Chateau Leoville Barton
- Aerated for hours, double decant. Dark inky color, full bodied. Complex nose with layers of black fruits, mineral, cassis, Asian spice, Loads of jammy black berries, currants, Long finish with cherry, tobacco leaf and bit of oak. Chewy tannins, excellent balance and mouth feel.
- Dale's $300 celebratory wine.