- Chateau Kirwan Margaux 2000. From Auriol Wines £68 (Wine Searcher Score 90 RP)
- Young, dark core with ruby rim. Medium plus bodies. Fresh, energetic aromas of purple fruits, flowers, sweet ripe currants, licorice, oak, mint, incense, crushed tobacco leaf. Very nice. Plum sauce, tobacco, licorice, blackberry, forest floor, orange zest. A bit tight, coaxing for aromas. On the palate, muddy notes. Wall of tannins, somewhat dry and edgy, not very smooth or balanced. Explosive tannins, firm Sense of bitterness towards the back end, not very enjoyable. Strong, masculine structure, unyielding
- Very dry, earthy, could use a few more years but it is tasty just the same!
- Kirwan 95-cassis, earth, pencil shavings, spice- soft and luscious
- Chateau Kirwan 1998. Interesting Bordeaux. Not up to my taste but still drinkable.