- So sweet! Literally was drinking from the bottle because it was so easy to drink! We all loved just sipping this...
- Not worth the price at all. Taste is nothing special that you couldn't find in a $10 bottle wine. Drank on 6/16/13 at hm
- Nice medium dry/medium sweet Riesling. It gives off beautiful aromas once you let the chilled bottle to warm up a tad bit. The smell reminds me of rain, a quality found often in a Bordeaux. This must be a testament to the the terroir in Washington state. This wine us simply beautiful AND a great deal; only $10 at Kroger. I really enjoyed this on a hot hot Texas day
- Bottle has a groove for the pinkie. Earthy with a dark berry flavor. Thumbs way UP
- Tenuta Torciano 2006 Cavaliere Rosso Toscano 2 in Cellar. Purchased in Florence, Backpacking trip April-June 2011. €39.00 Notes: The Giachi family has been around since 1720 and produced wine at this vineyard. Today we have the 13th generation working with the vines. The vineyard of Torciano has made an attempt to a "Super Chianti" with their blend of Sangiovise grosso and Merlot. The Sangiovisse growns on a soil bed of minerals and limestone, while the Merlot has a soil of clay and limestone at an altitude of 280m a.s.l. The ageing has been made through oak barrels of 50hl, and through a mix of casks of oak and chestnut of 2,2 hl, then finally a 6 month refinement in bottle before selling. The colour is intense ruby red with garnet shades. It's quite fruity in the nose. It has a full body, is quote soft and quite complex structure. It's quite tannic, quite dry, and loaded with dark fruits like blackberry and plums. Red meat, roast meat, wild game, pasta, and risottos with sauces made from game, young and medium aged cheeses, medium dark chocolate. Serving temperature 18-20 degrees. This wine needs to breathe a while before serving or use a decanter.