- Opaque, purple dark. Nose of blueberry, menthol, currants, dark fruits, herbs, hint of caramel, lavender. Not over ripe Taste of creamy black cherry, cigar pipe, fresh mint leave, minerality, forest floor, jammy, juicy, Still some bit of austerity, some bitterness but nth too much. Alcohol can also use some time to soften Round tannins, sweet. Medium finish, tobacco smoke, anise, plum juice, nice fruits
- Ruby red claret. Primary, yet not austere, quite fwd, with aeration, aromas of chocolate coated cherry, licorice, violet, herb, flint, fresh spice and a bit of oak come out of play. on the palate, dark cherry, cocoa, black tea leaf. Soft tannins, though kinda dry, short finish, jam and faint smoke. Lacking good balance, although decent for a 20-dollar wine. Low acidity. Nose better than mouth feel. Some bitterness in the mid palate. Better next day. Silky, with more weight, a sense of 2009 ripeness. Structure a bit thin, short finish, with bitterness lingers.
- Very dark ruby, with slight pinkish rim. Currants, licorice, fresh mint, caramelized cherry, coffee bean, blueberry. Medium bodied, a bit extracted it seems, ripe, almost too ripe, sense of bitterness near the end. Licorice, cherry, coffee, ash smoke, a bit of herbal tone. Where's the tannins? All resolved? Lacking a solid structure. At least not very acidic Need air time, austere up front, bitterness is apparent.
- Grüner Veltliner Carnuntum • Dry white blend from Austria. Slightly austere. Cider-like on the back end.
- Quite austere green melom fruit. Like a simple, bone dry chablis. Some minerality.